Today's youth face negative pressures. As a result, they risk making life-altering decisions that leave a devastating impact on their future:
- Participating in risk taking behavior--in real life and on social media
- Disconnecting from familiar peers and adults
- Trying to fit in with others
- Lacking necessary knowledge, skills, and opportunities to be life-ready
For more than a decade, IRON Lives has been breaking the cycle of negativity through proven research-based programs that take students from striving to thriving.
IRON Lives operates on a BUILD, SUPPORT, SEND model for youth.
Build- Mentors and guest speakers from the IRON social immune system build character, life skills, and meaningful positive relationships with students.
Support-Mentors, guest speakers, and volunteers from the IRON social immune system engage youth through workshops designed to practice life-ready skills and social activities to maintain interest in IRON Lives programming.
Send- IRON youth participate in community events and acts of service alongside mentors and community leaders for authentic leadership opportunities.
- Iron Lives has impacted more than 2,500 students and counting.
- IRON Lives partnered with 19 community organizations in 2022. Collaboration is impactful!
- We currently have programming in Amherst, Bedford, and the city of Lynchburg.